About29 Apr 2018
Welcome to my blog, I’ll post about tech and programming, but on the off chance I am a bit moody, there could be insane rants ending in tears and regrets.
I want to keep an online journal of whatever I am learning in the hopes that this will provide me with the extra motivation to continue.
Update No it did not, motivation for writing is still at 0%
I am a Software Engineer at a financial institution, and that’s all I am allowed to say, honestly.
am was the Lead iOS developer at Dennis Publishing, I mainly work on The Week and I also act as the point man for all things mobile.
In the past I worked as an iOS developer at RedAnt, before that I worked with some awesome people at The Other Media.
I studied Electronic and Computer Engineering at the University of Leeds, I enrolled to this course as I always enjoyed tinkering with gadgets, then I discovered programming, and the rest is history.
I mess around in Swift, Objective-c, Python, Ruby on Rails and Android. I am currently deploying most of my stuff on Rackspace but I am slowly warming up to Amazon EC2 (this topic deserves a blog post). I hate all the recruiter spam on linkedin, I hate emails, I also hate the London tube during rush hour.
Some iOS Apps I have worked on (In no particular order) This list is wildly incomplete and out of date
- Habari - News reading app powered by a RoR backend hosted on Rackspace (No longer online)
- Swipr Tinder on steroids
- Hermes Python based news scraper
- Weatherly Weather app written in Swift
- JackWills iOS Jackwills E-Commerce App
- JackWills Android Jackwills E-Commerce App
- Topshop Retail App for TopShop
- Multi-Currency cash passport Transfer of money
- miDrive Learner’s app for drivers
The Other Media
- ECB Cricket Official app for the ECB
- Football league Official app for Football league
- Atlas by Collins Atlas by collins
Dead in the water projects
- XKCD Reader.
- World Travel Advice.
- Leeds University Union.
Are you still reading? Surely there are better things to do with your time than being here